I was nominated by Olivia over at heirofglitter, thank you so much; I’m new to blogging world so you’ve made my day!
T H E R U L E S
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their blog
- Answer the 10 questions sent to you
- Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 10 blogs
O L I V I A ‘ S Q U E S T I O N S
1. What are the top 5 books on your TBR?
This is a hard question because I have so many TBR books at the moment, but my top 5 are Illuminae, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Snow Like Ashes, Namoi & Ely’s No Kiss List and Cinder
2. Are there any songs that remind you of book characters?
Castle by Halsey definitely reminds me of Celaena/Aelin and the Throne of Glass series. Every time I hear that song I can’t help thinking of Adarlan and Terrasen.
3. What’s your biggest bookish pet peeve? Your biggest non-bookish pet peeve?
I hate, hate, hate when my books spines crack and crease. I also really hate listening to music or being around people talking while I read, I can only really focus on a book if I have complete silence. My biggest non-bookish pet peeve… Hmm… I hate when people read a text or email out loud while they’re reading or typing it; I also hate when someone reads something to me when I could read it myself. I don’t know why, but it just really annoys me LOL.
4. Did you read any books this year that you didn’t like?
YES. I definitely didn’t like Gone by Michael Grant, Love, Lucy by April Lindner and A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall. I don’t even have words for how much I disliked these books, they just annoyed me so much!
5. What are your hobbies, other than reading or blogging?
I like to knit, shop, spend time in Melbourne CBD, scroll through my Tumblr and Pinterest feeds and take photos of my pets!
6. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be and why?
I used to hate my name so much but now I’ve kind of gotten used to it. But if I could change it to anything, I think I would make it Avery. I’ve always loved that name, I just think it’s so pretty and girly. I think it’s one of my favourite girls names.
7. Do you celebrate Christmas? If so, what are you hoping to get this year?
I do! We’re not having a big Christmas this year, I’ve already received so much over the last couple of months. I’m really just hoping for books and some cute stuff from my bedroom since I want to redecorate soon!
8. What are your 5 most anticipated releases of 2016?
Hmm… Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, The Crown by Kiera Cass, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, The Raven King by Maggie Steivfater and The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. There are so many awesome YA books being released next year, it was hard to pick just five!
9. What’s one random fact about you?
For my birthday when I was younger I was given a hippo pillow that I creatively named Hippo. I still have him and he’s more than 10 years old now. He’s one of my favourite things in my room and I absolutely refuse to give him to anyone else when I’m older, not even my baby brother!
10. Have you met any authors? If so, who?
I sadly haven’t met any authors. I had a ticket to meet Sarah J. Maas last month but I got sick and couldn’t go. I’m hoping to meet some authors next year and go to some bookish events!
I N O M I N A T E (I don’t know ten bloggers so I’ve tagged 7!)
Tamara @ tamaraniac
CW @ readthinkponder
Maha @ younicornreads
Kat @ siriuskatgirl
Ranu @ thearaliyabookshelf
Angel @ avidreader
Aimee @ aimees23
M Y Q U E S T I O N S
- How many books are on your TBR at the moment?
- What made you start your blog?
- Do you have any New Year resolutions? If so, what are they?
- What was one of the best books you read in 2015?
- What’s your favourite thing to do beside reading and blogging?
- If you could have coffee with any book character, who would it be and why?
- Do you celebrate Christmas? What are/were you hoping to get?
- Who is your least favourite author?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What makes you smile?
I had a lot of fun doing this and I hope those who are tagged have fun, too!