I was nominated by the super lovely Brigette over at The Book and The Bone for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. What was your favourite book as a child?
I don’t really remember having a favourite book when I was younger but when I was around ten years old my mum gave me the Naughtiest Girl box set by Enid Blyton and I was absolutely addicted to those books, I read them so many times!
2. Which book do you love to hate?
To be honest I really love hating Allegiant. It’s not that I didn’t enjoy the book because for the most part I did, but I had a lot of problems with it and I’m not afraid to tell people how much I kind of hate it.
3. If you had the chance to travel in time (both ways) which century would you visit and why?
I would visit the 1800’s because I just absolutely loved the fashion back then. I would kill to wear those super pretty dresses while walking around with the dashing young men.
4. Do you finish the nutella/penut butter and then put the jar back for others to find, or do you admit to having finished it?
Usually I’ll own up to it but sometimes I’ll pass the blame to my brother.
5. Which author is an automatic read for you?
John Green. I know that’s a pretty typical answer but I think I would pick up just about any book of his because I quite like them.
6. If you had to choose: Twilight or Fifty Shades of Grey?
Fifty Shades of Grey. I’ve never read Twilight and I don’t think I ever will, there’s just too much hype surrounding it and I don’t like the characters or the plot or basically anything about it. Fifty Shades of Grey isn’t much better but I’ll take it over Twilight any day because I know it’ll give me a lot of laughs.
7. Do you read classics?
I can count on one hand the amount of classics I’ve read. I want to read more classics but I just don’t enjoy them. I find them to be boring and often I can’t wrap my head around the language used.
8. Will you be watching the Shadowhuntes series?
I’ve watched the pilot and the second episode and I thought they were pretty good but I didn’t love them. I have a lot of problems with the acting and I found there are a lot differences between the show and the books which will take some getting used to, but I’ll continue watching it because I’m invested in it now.
9. How do you celebrate the new year?
I celebrate the new year by having a couple of drinks at home. This year I had a friend over and we spent most of the night drinking champagne and playing a murder mystery game on his laptop.
10. Would you read a book just to rant about it/make fun of it?
I wouldn’t read a book just for that purpose but I have no problem ranting about a book if I didn’t like it. Sometimes a book just makes you angry or upset and you gotta get it alllll out and I’m not really afraid to do that.
11. Do you agree with the philosophical theory that feeling emotions towards books/series/films/fictional situations is inappropriate because we know it’s not real and therefore shouldn’t feel anything?
Nope, nope, nope and more nope. I will forever feel all the feelings for fictional characters or scenarios and I will forever believe there is nothing wrong with that. We all develop feelings for something fictional at one point and it’s ridiculous to think that just because something isn’t physically real or it lives in pages or in a movie or whatever we shouldn’t feel anything. That’s just my opinion though.
11 Facts About Myself:
1. I am incredibly short. I’m only just over 5ft tall.
2. Most of my books are paperback. I own less than 30 hardcovers because they are ridiculously expensive in Australia.
3. I skipped year 10 of high school and ended up graduating just after I turned 17.
4. I never eat healthy food or drink much water and I absolutely hate it. It’s something I need to work on.
5. I love knitting, although I can only knit scarves. I find it to be quite therapeutic.
6. I love photography, even though I usually only take photos of books in front of my bookcases.
7. I love Sons of Anarchy, Weeds, Girls and Modern Family. They’re some of my favourite TV shows.
8. When I was younger I was told I had a tumour in my eye that was cancerous and that my right eyeball would need to be removed but it turned out that eye just lacked pigmentation.
9. I have lived in four states, ten cities/towns and 13 houses.
10. I have a baby brother who is two years old but I don’t see him very often. We took him to the zoo last week. He terrorised the lemurs.
11. I love book blogging so very much and am thankful for all the people who like, comment, follow and just look at my blog. It means a lot.
1. What do you find most endearing in a person?
2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
3. If you could choose any fictional character to be your parabatai, who would you choose?
4. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
5. What’s your favourite place to shop?
6. What’s your favourite app on your phone?
7. Dream job?
8. If you could meet one celebrity/author/someone you admire, who would it be?
9. If you could have coffee with a fiction character, who would you choose and what would you ask them?
10. What was the last song you listened to?
11. What made you start blogging?
And the nominees are… *drumroll* (I’m not sure if all these blogs have less than 200 followers but oh well)
Alyssa @ Alyssa is Reading
Stephanie @ Igniting Pages
Wendy @ Unicorn in YA Land
Mariana @ Every Other Book
Ifrah @ The Ramblings of a Bibliophile
Charleigh @ Charleigh’s Book Nook