I was nominated by Tavleen @ Travelling Through Words for the Liebsrer Award! I did this early in the year but I’m excited to be doing it again!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget” (the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post).
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a count that lets the readers know this information)
- Create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer
- List these rules in your post (copy and paste from here). Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
1. What do you love most about books?
I always find this question really difficult to answer. I love that books take you places and expose you to new issues and topics. I love that books are always there for you when people aren’t.
2. Name a book character you would like to be.
Hmmmm… I would really like to be Palmer from The Unexpected Everything, I think. She’s so down to earth and grounded but also super fun, and I’d get to be friends with Andie, Toby, Bri and Clark. I would also really like to be Feyre from ACOTAR for obvious reasons!
3. What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
TALL BOOKS. I hate tall paperbacks and hardcovers. Like… WHY? Why does a book need to be super tall? There is no reason for it at all. I also really really really hate mid-series cover changes. Just no.
4. What is your favourite stand-alone book?
All the Bright Places! Omg I love that books sosososo much it’s not even funny. But there are so many others that come close.
5. What is your favourite movie of all time?
I think The Rocky Horror Picture Show is my favourite of ever. I used to watch a lot of movies, not so much now but I will always love Rocky Horror and I never turn down an opportunity to watch it!
6. Name a book you hate the most.
Gone by Michael Grant. Sorry (not sorry). I just hate this book with an absolute passion.
7. Name a book that influenced you.
I can’t pick just one so I’m going to name 3: The Book Thief, A Tyranny of Petticoats and All the Bright Places. All of these books left me feeling so inspired and empowered and seeing the world in a different way. They left me with so many feelings a need to just do something.
8. Name a genre that you never read from.
I don’t really read paranormal anymore. I used to read so many vampire and werewolf books but now they are just not my thing. I also don’t read much sci-fi.
9. What is your dream job?
I don’t really know. I would love to own a bookstore, that would be pretty great. Otherwise I have no clue.
10. Name a book you hate to love.
The only thing that really comes to mind is The Mortal Instruments but I’m not sure why. I really liked the series when I read them but looking but they are a little cringey and cliché (I think) but they hold a very special place in my heart.
11. Why did you start a blog?
I started my blog because I wanted a platform to talk about books. I wanted to be able to spread some book love on a platform other than Instagram. I wanted to find other people who love talking about books as much as me. But I really, I just wanted to fangirl somewhere after I finished The Wrong Side of Right.
11 Facts About Me
- I have spent the last 6 months doing nothing but reading and I’m not even mad about it.
- I turn 18 in less than four months.
- I love writing letters.
- I have four kittens, three cats and one dog. Don’t judge me.
- My favourite book-to-movie adaptation is Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist because I love Michael Cera.
- Winter is my least favourite season.
- I haven’t bought a book in almost two weeks #FeelingAcomplished
- My favourite colour is yellow because it’s bright and happy and it makes me smile.
- I am shamelessly Hamiltrash and am very sad I’ll never see the original cast live.
- I have only ever drunk coffee once and I did not like it.
- I don’t like chocolate very much… Or ice cream.
The Nominees Are…
I apologise if I’ve tagged you already or you’ve done this many times!
Michaela @ Floral Ink Books
Aimal @ Bookshelves & Paperbacks
Giovanna @ Book Coma
Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews
Ashleigh @ A Frolic Through Fiction
- Series or stand alones?
- What was the last book that made you cry?
- What book do you recommend to everyone?
- What is your most anticipated release for 2016 part 2?
- If you were a DJ, what would your name be?
- Favourite thing about blogging?
- What authors do you wish would team up for a book?
- What super hyped book did you not like?
- What was the book that got you into reading?
- What book/s impacted you?
- What is your favourite band/song/album right now?